Monday, February 12, 2007

The Lion

So I was meditating and asking Jesus to come down and His glory to fall and I heard this...

If I come, I come as the Lion of Judah.

And I had this vision of Jesus, the Lion of Judah, standing triumphant over a smaller weaker lion, who, for argument's sake, we shall call the Lion of Babylon (i.e. religion). There He was... Standing proud. A meaty, tasty, bloody piece of the inferior lion in His mouth. Rachel's favorite quote from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is (of Aslan): "He's not safe, but He's good."

If I come, I come as the Lion of Judah.

Job 37

1 "At this my heart pounds
and leaps from its place.

2 Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice,
to the rumbling that comes from his mouth.

3 He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven
and sends it to the ends of the earth.

4 After that comes the sound of his roar;
he thunders with his majestic voice.
When his voice resounds,
he holds nothing back.


edit: So we were praying on Sunday at First Assembly from Isaiah that God would send a coal to cleanse our lips... I LOVE that passage let me tell you... But then I got to thinking... What will I do with my clean lips? So I began to praise God. Then I got another idea... With my clean lips I will KISS THE SON!!! So I started going crazy standing in His presence KISSING THE SON. And I was like, Jesus come kiss me. Jesus come kiss me. And then...

The Lion licked me.

Oh yeah!!!

Kissed by the Son. Licked by the Lion. Jesus loves me! And He is simultaneously seriously passionate and crazy, playful and funny. I love Jesus!!!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh what amazing insight. That gave me complete joy and still filled me with fear. How delightful! Yeah, Isaiah six is railing on me lately. When He comes He comes like a LION!

Rachel said...

I still think it's significant that the Job verse you quote here is also quoted on the Transformation II video! :o)