Monday, February 5, 2007

Our New Toy

So it just so happens that I am blogging on my new laptop computer :o) Yeeeaaaaahhhh Baby!!!

I's excited!

Our birthday was yesterday (February 4) and my parents spoil me rotten. I am truly blessed! And now we have a laptop with which we can do business stuff (i.e. IHOP record keeping, administrative stuff).

Otherwise, God is good but God is frustrating me at the moment. God has given us so much yet I complain about not having enough. We were convicted to begin tithing to First Assembly, which is just fine and dandy, but adding that to what we've already promised to give to IHOP people on a monthly basis... It's just crazy!!! Numbers do NOT add up. But God is providing... God is faithful... I have to keep telling myself that. God is faithful. I trust Him. God is faithful. I trust him. Living from this place of dependency is tough. I'm impatient, unwilling. I'm dealing with my own unbelief. I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow or next week, if we're going to have enough or not... Okay... Enough of that.

3 comments:

Joshy said...

Hmm - You are writing on your brand new lap top that you got for free about how you are just not sure if God is going to provide all you need. Hmm...

Tamara said...

And I happily ruined your George Forman grill just so I could buy you a better one. I think God wants to pour out a blessing so much that you say we have no more need...stop giving!

Rachel said...

He amazes me in the gifts He gives yet at this moment I am wondering how we are going to pay our bills. How can I feel blessed and impoverished all at the same time? I think sometimes I just fear that the Lord has forgotten about me...which, btw, I know is completely not true but when you have a bill due tomorrow that would have been no problem if we hadn't tithed but we acted in obedience and did tithe so how is the bill getting paid? That is my most recent puzzlement. Like we talked about this morning, Joshy, I do not understand God's timing. I haven't given up on Him coming through but I do wish He would stop waiting until the last possible second! :o)